Yes, it’s that time again. Join us at Bestsellers Books and Cafe in Mason on Friday, October 25, for the second weekly meeting of the Girls’ Social Group. We’re looking for young women who are 16 and over to join us to learn and share about what it means to be a community. If you can’t come tomorrow, join us next week.
Do you know about the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act? It’s a law that is producing all kinds of opportunities for young adults, whether they are still in school or are out of school. Contact Michigan Rehabilitation Services or the Bureau of Services for Blind Persons to find out more. WIOA Pre-Employment Transition Services include Click each item below to view details:
- Job exploration counseling
- Work-based learning experiences, which may include in-school or after school opportunities, experiences outside of the traditional school setting, and/or internships
- Counseling on opportunities for enrollment in comprehensive transition or postsecondary educational programs
- Workplace readiness training to develop social skills and independent living
- Instruction in self-advocacy