Friday, December 6 will be our last meeting in 2019. We’ve been talking about community. What does it mean? What is my community, versus the community of school or my town? At our last meeting for the year, we’ll wrap up this 6 week series with a little celebration of our group community at our usual location, Bestsellers Books and Cafe in Mason, from 6 to 8 PM. This group is for girls 16 and up, those who have disabilities or other issues, and who want to make new friends in a safe and fun group.
Friday, December 6 will be our last meeting in 2019. We’ve been talking about community. What does it mean? What is my community, versus the community of school or my town?
What have we been talking about over the last 6 weeks?
- Places we think visitors to Lansing would enjoy: Everything at MSU, Impression 5 museum, Noodles and Company, Silver Bells in the City, and more
- Places we only go to if we have to: hospital, shopping, school, Secretary of State
- The sensory experiences of living in a city like Lansing: are the sights, sounds, smells, tastes and touches of Lansing?
- What do you do if there’s an emergency? What does an emergency sound and look and smell like?
- At our most recent meeting on November 15, we talked about churches, mosques, synagogues, and temples. These community institutions provide supports and services of all kinds!
On December 6, we’ll share a snack and talk about holiday traditions we have and traditions in our communities. Girls ages 16 and up are welcome. Join us at Bestsellers Books and Cafe in the town square of Mason. The trees are all lit up and it’ll be a festive meeting!
December 6 will be our last meeting for the year of 2019.
In 2020, we’ll have a six-week session starting end of February or beginning of March. Keep watching this site to find out when.