We all get to hang out together with family in our homes–more so now that we are sheltering in place. This is a great time to have little conversations about important topics.
Talk about the future:
- Do you want to go to college soon or wait on that?
- Do you think you’d like having a roommate?
- Do you want to work part-time?
- How can we get past the anxiety about being out in public?
- What kinds of supports will you need if you have an apartment in the community?
Take advantage of little times, parents and other important adults talking with young adults who are thinking about their futures. Keep the conversation going over these weeks, in little bits and pieces. You’ll be surprised at how much you can find to talk about.
What will you talk about? Write and tell us about it. firstname.lastname@example.org